A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Friday, November 10, 2006

What's In A Year Anyway?

So today is November 10, 2006. You probably haven't noticed... but this blog turned a year old on November 8 with the 401st post being the Memo post. I forget whether the correct term is blogiversary or blogirthday... but yeah, this blog has been here a year. I should be having a cake or something. Maybe a little party with all the little 'toons across the blogosphere where we can get jiggy with it or something. Maybe I should be running some sort of contest where chicks hold up "I LOVE NYCWD" on pieces of paper and award them t-shirts that read, "I Got Boned By The NYC Watchdog... And I Liked It" with the blog URL on the bottom. Hmmm. Maybe I will do that last one. That actually sounds like a good idea. Maybe in the future if I ever leave Blogger. I'm digressing but the point is... well don't you think I should do SOMETHING to accentuate this huge milestone?

I learned a long time ago that, and this may come as a shock for those of you who know I am nothing short than a master of the universe, there are things that are out of my control. While those things change and warp and affect me, I need to be like a wave and go with the flow. Granted there are times when instead of that gentle lapping wave going around the obstacle before me I become the mutha fucking tsunami obstacle wrecker destroying everything and everyone in my path of destruction towards my ultimate goal... but this isn't one of those times. It's my blogiversary and I won't do a damn thing if I don't want to.

What's in a year anyway? Besides the BOTB Cabal Revelation, the World's Greatest Blonde Joke, the publication of the true identity of Princess Pottymouth, the Blogosphere 'Toon War (those Muslims ain't got nuthin' on us), the fact I AM the anti-goD, the ever controversial Rent-My-Blog Analysis, my step-by-step analysis of marjuana and its effects, my campaign to be the King Of All Drama, and of course there was my blogging death and my eventual return... but the entire time I remained at the bottom of the heap. In the end though, no matter what I try to call it or how I try to portray it to anyone who reads this, it really is all about love.

So this blog has turned a year old. Now I know that according to my age philosophy the chances of it dieing of SBDS has greatly decreased so I should be partying. Well like I said before, it's my blogiversary and I won't do a damn thing if I don't want to.
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 11/10/2006 12:01:00 AM :: :: 12 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........