A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Friday, November 03, 2006

The Saints Are Coming



This post should have made it up on All Saints Day. It didn't make it. But I love this video. I really love it.

I should have glorious stories of a Hallow's Eve filled with trick or treating as a Sith Hockey Player with my wolves, and stories of a party later that night with my favorite lil Goth Red Riding Hood. However I don't.

I should also have some sort of word update on my NaNoWriMo attempt. Again however... I don't. Not even one letter has been struck.

What I do have is 237 e-mails and 336 Bloglines items to go through. Why? Because I once again got sidelined by the cellulitus like in June. I caught it relatively early this time though... Tuesday morning when I got out of the shower light headed with the pain in the groin right before my leg gave out was a sure sign that I wasn't going to make it trick-or-treating. Unfortunately, apparently I had already been sick for around 5 days when I realized it. My Tuesday night temp was 103.4 and I crested Wednesday night at 103.7 which resulted in some serious anti-biotics via IV. I was finally fever free Thursday... and after I nearly put 1 of the 4 residents, who suggested I stay in the hospital until Monday, through the window at the hospital today they finally let me come home with an Augmentin script. Just the fact I moved out of the bed as quickly as I did to put him through the plate glass after he CLEARLY had been ignoring me the entire time I was there was evidence enough to the floor Attending that I was well enough to go.

Although the infection wasn't anywhere nearly as deep as last time... I left with far more battle wounds. Over the course of 3 and a half days I had 9 IV's. The last IV I did myself this morning after the nurse who came in missed it on the third stick with a fucking 22 gauge. I implanted an 18 gauge without a problem. I wish I had been able to do that Tuesday, but I just couldn't see straight. But the best was the double abdominal Heparin shots I had to take every 12 hours. That really made me righteous. So yeah... this stay was not as pleasant as the last and I sure as shit am happy to be home.

So I am alive and will be getting around to my backlog... but first I'm going to lay down because even though I slept more in the last two days than I have in a month... I'm still tired as all hell.

I do hope everyone had a happy and safe halloween.
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 11/03/2006 05:01:00 PM :: :: 5 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........