A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Story Of The Day

So for 6 hours tonight I spent being tortured by the EMO group Story Of The Day. Well... okay, so they were the headliner of a four band line-up over at Irving Plaza tonight. I ended up on the job at the last minute because the Secret Squirrel needed it covered emergently. I should have asked who was playing. The whole "Oh my life sucks having been born with a silver spoon in my mouth and getting everything I wanted and so now I'm going home so I can bleed out all the life my parents gave me" is fucking old. Granted, most EMO chicks I find cute... but I used to roll Goth style, so its all in the eyeshadow really... but I would need to check their ID before talking to them. What really made my blood boil was the encore. Their curfew was at midnight. So at 12:04 they decided to do a 9 minute rendition of Metallica's Enter Sandman. What. The. Fuck. If you're going to encore do one of your own songs. If your going to cover Metallica... make sure your drummer has, let alone play, a double bass drum and make sure your singer knows the fucking words. Duh.

But you see that isn't the real Story Of The Day. Nope... not by a mile. Today in New York City a milestone court decision was made. It really is a landmark and changes the way I will be going to the bathroom from now on. Ladies and gentleman... or specifically those of you who CONSIDER yourselves either a lady or a gentleman but biologically are both... Transgendered Sexual people may now use whichever restroom of the gender they decide to be. Shocked? I'm thrilled. Now granted this decision really only affects the MTA bathrooms, but it will in all likelihood become a standard citywide. It's only a matter of time.

Now I bet a bunch of you are wondering why I would be thrilled. Don't misunderstand me... I'm a man and proud to be a man (well, except when one of us "men" do stereotypical stupid things) and have no plans on changing my gender. However, over the years I have developed somewhat of a small set of man boobs. I had them as a kid... lost them when I was weight lifting... and slowly they've returned.

Therefore I have decided that when I need to drop the kids off in the pool, if I need to look in a mirror to see how badly my hat looks, or if I want a cappuccino (because we all know those makers are standard order in all women's bathrooms... what else could you all be doing in there for so long?) I will consider myself a woman.

Hear me rawr!!!
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 10/25/2006 01:29:00 AM :: :: 1 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........