A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Sweet Smell of Success

I got home pretty late last night... around midnight or so. When I got home my plans were simple. I figured I'd drop the shitkickers in the hallway, grab some grub from the kitchen, talk to the Izzy for awhile, and watch some television.

So I got so far as talking to Izzy and grabbing grub when I found a box on my bed. At first I didn't remember ordering anything... but then it dawned on me. They were the candles from Stephanie's store over at Mystickal Incense. So I opened it up.

The box itself smelled wonderful! I had ordered three jar candles and a Mystickal Pillar... and for those of you who don't know I have a vanilla fetish... so yes, two of them were vanilla. So I opened one and lit it. Now I am not really into aromatherapy as other people are... but I have to be honest... I felt relaxed almost at once.

So I burned the candle for about three hours. During those three hours I finished the chapter I had been stuck on. Not only did I finish it... but it was so EASY!!! Now for the best part... I blew out the candle but the vanilla aroma remained in the room as I laid down to sleep.

Recently I've been having trouble sleeping... well... not so much falling asleep... but I don't sleep well. Usually its three hours here, and another three there. I haven't slept peacefully for more than four straight hours in at least three months.

I slept from 3:00am last night until 9:30am this morning when my alarm clock actually went off. As I said before, I'm not a big believer in aromatherapy, but these candles certainly did something!!! Thank you SO much Stephanie!!!

TAGS: , , ,
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 3/01/2006 02:53:00 PM :: :: 4 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........