A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Why Political Bloggers Piss Me Off


DISCLAIMER: In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll
Guess which one I’m choosing on this post fucker? Now find out why my bite is worse than my bark!!!

I found this post by Howling @ The Moon while voting on BOTB. The post is in regards to the Ben & Jerry flavor I mentioned here. So this guy goes on this history lesson of where the Black & Tan name came from... in brief they were a goon squad for the Brits in the early 1920's. They were brutal and committed atrocities. Name me a goon squad that hasn't.

So this guy goes on to talk how Ben & Jerry are a bunch of idiots because they promoted the ice cream as a "celebration of Irishness" and there was nothing worse you could do. Right.

Ben & Jerry in fact promoted it as an ice cream for "beer aficiandos". Read their press release back on March 2, 2006 and someone tell me where it promotes Irish people. Now here's the part that pisses me off.

So Mr. Howling says that Ben & Jerry had to apologise to the Irish people and had to pull the product from the stores. So I fell for his line of crap and panicked. So I ran to my freezer... but it was still there. My pint from the Super Stop & Shop. Ha! They hadn't gotten to mine. So I called my ex-wife's best friends husband who happens to work for Super Stop & Shop and I asked him about the whole recall thing.

He laughed his ass off. He told me to look at the B&J website and see if they had indeed issue an apology, because he certainly hadn't heard of it. Sure enough... no apology there. So I decided to do one more thing... I called John Reilly over at the Irish Cottage on Austin Street. Guess what, he's Irish. I asked him if calling the ice cream a Black & Tan and calling it a "celebration of Irishness" was offensive.

This is his exact quote: "Bloody hell no! We drink Black & Tan's all the time here in the bar(referring to the miz of Guiness Stout and Bass Ale)! If it was offensive we'd be selling half the beer we do now!" Wow... big surprise there... from an Irishman.

So Mr. Howling... you are a moron and one of the reasons I hate political bloggers. Keep your political commentary accurate at the very least. I have no problem with you being politically incorrect... kind of like when I tell you that the Micks with their panties in a supposed uproar are going to get beat down by the Krauts who they owe DRINKING BEER AT ALL to because of their ambient stupidity and thanks to your fragging moronic post. Good job... you just started Beer War III.

Fucker.
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 4/23/2006 02:30:00 AM :: :: 2 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........