A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Something In The Way...

It was a quiet night last night. Lots of licks, but no bites of damaged humans to mend or cab rides without the meter. So while KC and I cruised through the chalky white wind whipped streets, our conversations ranged from the Rage Against The Machine Reunion to the further development of RSS Feeds and what they mean to content over format. This last bit was along the lines of the thinking I had been doing about reverse engineering, which is another post all its own which maybe one day will come about once I gather everything I can find on the subject.

Eventually, it led me to thinking about the things in my way... the bricks in the wall so to speak... that are preventing me from finishing off my project and getting it to a few friends to shop around in the market. The bricks, in my mind at least, once were many. Now they are fewer, but the wall seems no lower. It stops me from reaching the level that I need to reach.

This of course reminded me of one of the last episodes of Dead Like Me, which if you have never seen is really a wonderful series even though it only ran two seasons. The episode's first reap was a girl in a military academy who had to scale a wall. Once she scales the wall, well of course she dies by falling off of it and getting entangled in the ropes.

I think in a way that is what continues to irk me. Once I scale the wall, I'll fall off of it. While it doesn't mean I would physically be dead... emotionally I would be. That is why I often refer to it as my "passion" project... because emotionally, I still am VERY passionate about... well I'm just very passionate.

Okay... now that I have made totally no sense to anyone but myself... I'm going to bed now. When I wake up I'll be trying to catch up on my blog reading and commenting and other stuff. The recent rash of long hours has caught up to me... and even though I know there is something in the way... I won't get past it in this state of mind.

Labels: ,


Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 2/17/2007 05:46:00 AM :: :: 2 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........