A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Haunted

So I stayed home from work yesterday. My stomach was in an uproar. It could have been a stomach bug. I want to think it was a stomach bug. I do have a doctor's appointment with the health registry next week. They're insisting I come in because of this year's seemingly mounting health issues. Maybe I should ask them about my stomach.

I tend to think though its stress related which is made worse by my recent lack of sleep. Even though it isn't Friday, the dramatic truth is Christine and I got into a huge fight Saturday... and ever since then I've been nauseous and jittery. We're actually a little early for our annual fight, but I think she might have instigated it on purpose to avoid last years fiasco with her husband. So because she instigated it I refuse to apologize... even though the more I think about it, the more it eats at me, and the more it makes me stay awake at night because she is probably right. This is what seems to be haunting me lately. I'll work it out on my own terms... eventually.

On top of everything else the New Years schedule came out. Since 1997-98 I have rung in the New Year either working on a truck or at one of the city's many special events. This year, while I knew I would be spending the day pressing enter on a keyboard, I fully expected to be on a truck or knee deep in overdoses at the stroke of midnight. I learned today that at midnight, I will in fact not be working. Most people would say that it is a wonderful thing, but of course that's not how I feel. Like many others I prefer to spend New Year's with my one true love... the Mistresses of Pain and Misery have always been there for me when no one else was, so it always seemed right to spend New Years with them. Now I don't know what I'm going to do this year... or for that matter the next.

One additional note... I added this SNAP feature to the blog. Basically any link you hover over it should give you a preview of the link in a little window. I don't know how people like it... I thought it was kind of cool. Let me know what you think... because if its too annoying I'll wack it off.
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 12/19/2006 01:23:00 AM :: :: 5 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........