A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Waking In The Dark

So I got home today and promptly fell asleep. 30+ hours isn't as easy as it used to be. It serves as a reminder, along with the wisps of gray, that being young forever isn't likely. Tonight I awoke in the dark... with the sense that indeed something was amiss. It's just a feeling, but one I can't seem to shake.

I know to most people it sounds kooky, but I tend to be sensitive to certain... things... that others may not be. It's something that I became acutely aware of ten years ago. Something I can't explain and have given up trying to. I just sense it... him... and I just know. Sometimes I can sense him in time and do something about it. Sometimes I can't. Sometimes he can be standing right next to me and I don't know a thing.

I can't stand waking in the dark for this very reason. So yes... I usually have a nightlight. It's actually kinda cool... it's a lighthouse that glows red and blue. It isn't bright or anything, but at least I don't wake in the dark.

Obviously the bottom line is I need to go buy some batteries.

.:*:.

I know everyone is counting down until Christmas... but did you realize we are only 20 days away from a New Year? 345 days have passed us by just like that. Where oh where did it go? So a few months back everyone was doing this thing where they would answer questions left in the comments. I thought it was pretty cool and some of the answers would surprise you.

So... the comments in this post will be open for questions until December 16. I will then answer them as we count down the days to 2007.

.:*:.

Finally... you need to be sure to come by tomorrow for the inaugural post of Cereal Wednesday... it'll definitely be different.

Promise.
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 12/12/2006 01:03:00 AM :: :: 7 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........