A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Monday, September 04, 2006

Move On If Your Not In A Mood...

... 'Cause I sure the fuck am. First things first... I adamantly REFUSE to use the new "C" word. No, not cunt you sheltered turtles. I mean the word most often used when referring to Steve Irwin. Now maybe some of you have heard that he met his untimely demise at the hands of a Stingray. While I will gladly offer my condolensces to the family... I have to point something most normal people can see.

Steve Irwin was insane. Having met the man a few years ago at the David Letterman show I can verify he took a lot of risks. Granted, he would be the guy you want on a plane full of snakes instead of that purple lightsaber wielding Mace Windu (aka Samuel Jackson for you intellectuals who are ABOVE the Holy Trilogy Prequels) who can only scream "Muthafuckin' snakes on a muthafuckin' plane!" In that situation I would definately want Irwin onboard.

Bottom line is that he took a bunch of risks in doing what he did. He knew them better than anyone else. Oh, and contrary to popular belief Stingrays are not domesticated fish. They are dangerous as this proves. It's fine to mourn and stuff, but give the man something decent than "(C-Word)! The Crocodile Hunter is dead! By a Stingray! WTF?"

I think Avitable did it best.

.:*:.

The next thing that has me in a mood was the series finale of Saved. Now for those of you who have not seen me talk about it previously... well let's just say there was discussion about possible intellectual theft. Tonight however, I have concluded that I won't be pursuing it for two reasons.

Reason one is that I really don't have the money. From what I gathered it was possible to bring a lawsuit... but in all reality I probably wouldn't win. Why? Because to a large degree all EMTs and Medics can share a lot of the same type of stories. Sure the names change, the locales change, but let's face it... idiot savants are not limited to one geographical area. Neither is domestic violence, traumas, drug overdoses, and the occasional illegal c-section. Okay... so that last one is a little far fetched... but somewhere I'm sure someone has done it. Making it happen... that's what it's all about after all.

Reason two is that it really is a damn good show. Tonight's episode is a great example of that. Everytime Wyatt makes patient contact you see what happened to the patient in these "flashback" stills. While it is a technique I admire and to a certain degree is underused on the show, it gives the viewers something we never have. The clues to piece together the puzzle. Tonight did not turn out the way I had expected it to. While I still think Bringing Out The Dead by Joe Connelly is the best representation of EMS in the city... I think Saved is a very good representation of the profession as a whole.

.:*:.

Finally... do you guys know Lisa? Well if not... you should be sure to visit her. I don't know why, but for some reason everytime I put this hellhole up for rent for 500 credits I get a bidder I really like... and one that I like. So Lisa from Clusterfook is here... and you really need to go see her. Do you hear me? Am I making myself clear? Go see her. She's had some bloggy problems as of late so she's rebuilding the site... but go see what she's done. You won't be disappointed.
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 9/04/2006 11:14:00 PM :: :: 4 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........