A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Friday, March 31, 2006

Dynamic

This is much harder than I originally thought. After reading some comments as well as a few other blog sites it seems people respond best to frequent posts. Dynamic content was a term used often. I pondered on what type of dynamic content it was that I could provide.

I was astounded by the fact that I could not think of anything dynamic enough that I think I can provide. I do not sit at home and watch television all day. I work as most other people do as well. In addition to working I also have friends and a life, none of which would want to become the unwitting stars in a soap opera for everyone's amusement. Besides, we really are pretty boring. There is usually large amounts of alcohol and poker when we get together.

On those nights when I am not with friends I watch television. Luckily I am fortunate enough to have satellite television. Unfortunately there still is nothing on worthy of my attention. One would think with this gap in activity I would have plenty of time to write here about something dynamic.

Still I can not seem to find a dynamic enough topic. I noticed that a few comments have been made regarding my previous writings. While perhaps not the kindest, then perhaps they would be willing to tell me what type of dynamic content it is they would like to see. I'm not a huge fan of audience participation, but considering how new I am to this then perhaps it would be a good idea.

As for this Izzy's comment regarding my previous post about "Pudding", well to answer your questions I am roughly the same height as Watchdog with a leaner build. While his temper has been well documented, including in an incident report that is on record with the NYSDOH EMS Bureau, I really am not afraid of him or his "Uncle Louie". What you may not realize, is I have known him for quite awhile. In fact, I was at his wedding when he said "I do" to that tramp, although it was against everyone's advice including my own (we were much more civil back then) considering I have known her since working Woodstock '99 as a brand new EMT. Besides, if he ever chose to try and treat me like a common street thug, he will find himself greatly outnumbered.

What is it that caused such a rift in our relationship? It is actually very simple. For years he was my mentor and friend, and I was proud to claim membership in the FODD. We were, as he would frequently say, the hardest, meanest, and baddest of the black sheep in New York City EMS. After September 11, 2001 a burning hatred began somewhere in him against the Fire Department of New York. He considered their leadership incompetent and the cause of the 7 EMS deaths that day. Needless to say, in January of 2002 my number was called, and I joined the FDNYBEMS. I became ex-communicated from the little group. In hindsight it really is fine with me. Working for the city has taught me the true meaning of EMS- Earn Money Sleeping.
Posted by Anonymous :: 3/31/2006 12:10:00 AM :: :: 1 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........