A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Monday, March 13, 2006

Danger NYC!!! Danger!!!

DANGER!!!

Well good news... Stephanie still lives and was apparently unaffected by the tornadoes. As what was a probably scenario, she's been a little pre-occupied with her house guest. So life blogs on over at Mystickal Incense.

So this brings up my next topic of danger... or perhaps perception of danger. I always wish I had one of those robots like in Lost in Space that would say, "Danger NYC!!! Danger!!!" I figure it would come in pretty handy in quite a few situations... such as driving, home repairing, working, and of course dating.

Being an EMT one of the most dangerous things we do is carrying people up and down stairs. Guidelines say each EMT should be able to lift 150 pounds, so that means that combined they should be able to lift 300 pounds. Obesity is overtaking America, and the scales are tipping on the side of disease.

Tonight my Ooompa Loompas (Barrista and Jen the Red) called me up from an apartment building. They told me they had just done a 320 pound woman on a five flight carry up. Now... keep something in mind... I call them my Ooompa Loompas for a reason... in fact, I refer to them over the air as Ooompa Loompa 1... so imagine my shock when they told me this. Then... through the miracle of cell-phone photos they sent me a picture of the patient...

I warn you the photos may shock you...

They will awe you...

And I assure you...

They are as real as anything you'll find on the internet today...

This is a danger to all EMTs for some pretty obvious reasons...

Especially Ooompa Loompa EMTs...

So without further adieu...

I present to you...

What a 320 pound woman...

Looks like...

Keep scrolling...


Gotcha didn't I??? This is a picture of a reported 320 pound woman who lives in Holland and is reportedly over 7 feet tall. Some of you may have seen the photo already... undoubtedly in one of those more famous "forwarded" e-mails I got from the Ooompa Loompas who got it from Dartanion who received it from a friend who has a cousin who's boss's son was in an airplane next to a girl who was dating the guy who's ex-girlfriend is walking with her... but more importantly is have you seen this report on Urban Myths? See, it turns out that Heather of HeatherHaven.com is self-proclaimed and in addition after analysis the photos appear to be photoshopped. Is this really all that surprising??? No. Neither is the fact that Microsoft owes us all alot of money, and that somewhere in Rawanda I have a fortune to be made.

The world is full of scam artists and immitators... and the internet is a breeding ground for them that is right up their alley. So before you buy into the scam or the gag... do the right thing and think twice. Do you really need to forward the 7 foot tall woman? If you feel the need... then at the VERY LEAST do a virus scan first.

Now if only I had that robot when opening e-mails to sniff the real stuff from the B.S....


Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 3/13/2006 06:30:00 PM :: :: 0 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........