A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Monday, January 16, 2006

Cold Snap, Izabella Is Over 18, Plastic Crack and My Love of All Things Wolf

New York has been pummeled under a sudden cold snap. It happened so quick, that the rain Saturday night turned into Sunday morning snow. Not good weather to be out in… hence I stayed home with DJ watching some Bob the Builder re-runs and trying to conquer Chicken Little on Xbox.

I did get some other things done yesterday. Most notable I spoke to Izabella online. We had one of those two hour conversations which ranged from what we had respectively done Saturday to the relative question of conversational topics. Basically… at what point do you know someone enough to talk about “adult” topics. IM relationships have never really been my strong point. Sure there are smilies, and the usual acronyms, but nothing really tells you how a conversation is going except for body language and tone… both items which are lacking in IMs unless webcams and VOIP is utilized.

The conversation we had, while tame in concept, raises a bigger issue. The de-humanization that occurs over the internet is something that we, as a generation (being Generation X) more than any other, have needed to learn how to cope and deal with. Nothing quite sums it up though as my most important question, “Are you over 18? Are you a cop?”. Luckily, she answered yes and no respectively… and I could carry on the conversation without fear of having ESU blow through my door.

I also did some old school journaling yesterday. Well… more like recollecting and reorganizing. I’ve put together all my notes from New Orleans with the pictures specifically from there. My next task will be to re-organize my Texas items. Then comes the task of trying to rework it all to form an outline for the memoir I want to write. Of course, with my luck, I’ll probably have three more deployments under my belt before I get done writing about these two.

Today, although it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I’m still at work. I did send my queries in for Scrye Issues #95/#96. I didn’t query for any new games though… I really haven’t had the time to invest in any or play any… although I will be getting a case of MW:Domination next week. Now THAT will be well worth a day off from it all. I am long overdue for a dose of my favorite plastic crack.

My Love of All Things Wolf

Personally, I just want to get the MAD CAT IV from Anastasia Kerensky's Wolf Hunters. I've always ahd a love for all things Wolf Dragoons, and then by extension Clan Wolf, which by further extension the Steel Wolves, and now the fifth Wolf unit line (sixth if you count Clan Wolf In-Exile... but I really am not into that very minor Kell Hound abomination) in the Wolf Hunters which makes it's special debut in Domination, but comes out full force in the May release Vanguard. Do I have a thing for the wolves? Yeah... I guess I do. So all you Jade Falcon or Ghost Bear fans out there... beware... because the Kerensky bloodline is once again returning to the Republic of the Sphere. With the wolves back in the fray... how long will Fortress Republic truly continue to stand? Not long is my guess.
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 1/16/2006 11:30:00 AM :: :: 0 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........