A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Queen and her royal family: ...in defense of my husband's Playboy

As a guy, there are certain things that we as boys must do in our society to become men. While some societies require their boys to jump off towers with vines tied around their ankles, or stick a bone through the physical item that makes you a man... here there is a variety of different things a boy can choose when journeying to manhood.

Some of those things include getting a driver's liscense, drinking your first keg, or joining the Army. The one that I chose when it was my turn for manhood was what I thought the easiest. I got a subscription to Playboy.

Yes, on my 18th birthday, I mailed in that card with my brand new MasterCard Credit Card number on it. In six weeks the black plastic bag arrived in its shimmering glory... and my journey to manhood as approved by society had occurred. For a great number of years, I continued my subscription, mainly because I added it to my list of "MUST WRITE FOR" periodicals (that list has dwindled over the years, having formerly had TIME and Forbes on it, but Playboy remains) but then slowly my life changed, and my subscription expired.

After reading The Queen and her royal family: ...in defense of my husband's Playboy I have resolved to renew my subscription. Kudos to The Queen and her brood for reminding me of the joys of manhood.
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 1/11/2006 03:38:00 PM :: :: 1 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........