A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cereal Wednesday

Is it hump day already? I almost can't believe it... but it must be simply because I have a big old bowl of cereal here which means... yes... another edition of Cereal Wednesday!!! So here ya go...

Okay, so now I have to be really honest... this was by far the hardest Cereal Wednesday I have ever done, and for a few reasons. First, I was expecting a guest and he was a no call/no show. Typical... but whateva.

Then I was using this new software which is chock full of bells and whistles as you may be able to tell by the graphics. In fact, I did the graphics yesterday after playing around with it for a few hours Sunday. The thing is that my home system gets... well... taxed by using it. So not only am I still learning about the trims, fades, and cuts... but the system is moving s-l-o-w.

The best part came when I rendered it. Now my camera shoots the video in Apple's .MOV format. To use Windows MovieMaker I would convert it to a .WMV, import, and edit. I don't need to do that with this at all, which is great. I also got to choose what settings to render it in... so I chose the YouTube recommended settings. Then it came to file formate, but MPEG4 isn't an option as YouTube suggests... so... I rendered it in .MOV. Two hours and 5 GIGS later, I had something unuploadable much less watchable. So then I rendered it again into a .WMV. An hour later... I finally had something uploadable AND watchable.

As for the quality... well other than the effects and graphics there isn't a huge difference in my opinion which kind of disappointed me. I had figured with the higher frame rate per second and the smaller render size the quality would have been a bit sharper. Oh well... I tried it out.

So that is the saga of Cereal Wednesday: Crispix. Enjoy...

Labels: ,


Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 1/24/2007 02:30:00 AM :: :: 6 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........