A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Top 10 Things To Do In 2007

There is a lot of relief in knowing that this holiday is over. One of the things that kills me about it is that the prep time is roughly about 3 months or so... and it lasts only 24 hours of which maybe 20 minutes is quality time. To know that it is over... well its a big relief.

Now the next big thing coming is New Years. There have been a few things going on in my life that have made me reassess where I stand and will undoubtedly affect me come the New Year... because well... shit has to change. So here are the Top 10 Things To Do In 2007:

10) Quite Smoking- Yeah... I'm going to try quitting again. I know I've failed this pretty miserable in the past... but this year gave me that little extra motivation.

9) Lose Weight- Yeah... same thing as above. My two hospital stays however have reminded me that yes, I am not only a mortal being, but I am an overweight one at that.

8) Become less aggressive and angry- Yeah... right... I'll probably be able to do that when the Pope gives up celibacy and gets some without paying for it... but hey... it's something I should try to do.

7) Work less and live more- Another pipe dream for those who truly know me... but it's worth a shot.

6) Take more pictures- I'm going to take more pictures. Along with that I'm going to work on my graphic skills... or what I should say is try to get some graphic skills.

5) I'm going to New Hampshire- I need to go see my aunt. She's at that age where I know the phone call is going to come that she's passed away. She's seen my son once... so he'll need to take the ride with me. On one hand I dread it... and the other I look forward to it. I just wish she still lived at the lake. It would make life a lot easier.

4) Make peace with God- It'll be going on 6 years since we've "spoken" other than my occasional "fuck you" comments. Maybe its time to let the past be the past. Even God's need to be forgiven... right?

3) Make peace with myself- Before I can make peace with Him... I need to make peace with me. I know... I need to be forgiven too.

2) Go on vacation- I need to go on a real legit vacation... one that doesn't include disaster MREs. Just take a week and go away somewhere far and exotic... like Ohio. I'm all about the coasters @ Cedar Point baby.

1) Finish my book- Yeah... I said this last year and look at the shit that has happened. I did make some headway, but nowhere near where I should be with it. I need to finish this book... to finish it and call it finished... so I can move on.

Those are the things that I want to do. I happened to look at my Top 10 Things To Do In 2006 list from last year... and sadly quite a few of them are the same. However, in keeping with number 8 both Officer Crumb and Louis are off the list. See... I'm making strides already!
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 12/26/2006 09:32:00 AM :: :: 6 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........