A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Monday, June 26, 2006

Feeling Meh

It started yesterday. I just have been feeling meh. Normally I would say blah, but meh seems to be the blah of the blogosphere. I had another doctor's visit, and everything looks good on paper... so the infection continues its retreat under the assault of Amoxicillin... so it isn't that.

Pudding used to swear that towards the end of the month I would become hormonally unbalanced, emotional, moody, and basically have what she would have at the beginning of the month. That could be it. It's also coming up on that time of year I dread. When everyone is smiles and happy and they want you to be happy too... but your miserable because you know that you just wasted 365 days of your life you will NEVER get back.

So I feel meh. What makes me feel even more meh is that I learned today that they are making DragonLance Chronicles into a movie. I should be jumping up and down for joy... but I'm not. It's going to be animated. You would think they would have learned their lesson with that after that animated Hobbit from the 1970s.

I should be foaming at the mouth and in a serious tizzy. Dragonlance is my most beloved gaming world of all. While I've always wanted to write a novel in the MechWarrior Universe... my life would be complete if I could do it for Dragonlance. Nothing officila has been announced, but apparently Lucy Lawless leaked she is the voice of Goldmoon. The desecration of my sacred texts is evidently imminent... so this makes me feel even more meh.

Making me even more meh are the changes at Wizkids, the current licence holders for MechWarrior. It seems the organization has been "re-organized" by parent company Topps. This has included the lay offs of Jordan Weisman, who created the Battletech Universe which MechWarrior is based on, and Kevin Goddard who was the MechWarrior brand manager. I am really sad about this... Kevin did me a serious solid while I was freelancing for Scrye by sending me stats on one of the sets before release... and he was kind enough to send me an e-mail about all the writing I had done on MechWarrior and how he was very happy about it. What makes it worse is he has a newborn in the house. Seeing his position, and knowing my own precarious standing, well that makes me feel even more meh.

I know... I'm a dork, dink, and geek to the tenth power. In fact this entire post is meh. Go see her. She isn't feeling meh.
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 6/26/2006 11:02:00 PM :: :: 3 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........