A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Friday, January 12, 2007

The Post That Should Have Happened

The following is the post that should have happened this morning... but due to Boogle being all fucked up... it never happened.

Watchdog Crushes On... French Vanilla Ice Coffee


Yes, I am a habitual drinker of French Vanilla Ice Coffee (FVIC), light with cream, and with four Splendas. It is in fact the only coffee product I drink. That's right, I don't drink hot coffee. Even in the dead of winter, that large, sweaty, light, creamy, FVIC goes down my gullet like silk. It's true... it's sweeter than chocolate when made right. So I have this huge sweet tooth thing going on and it is just more evident by my choice of frosty beverage.

So how did I start drinking FVIC? It happened during the summer of 2004. I was working 12-16 hour days running a garage, and one of my afternoon clerks called me on her way in one hot afternoon and asked me if I wanted anything from Dunkin' Donuts. I told her I don't drink coffee, and to get me something cold. She said she would just pick me something up that she thought I might like. That, my dear friends, is exactly what she brought me. I haven't strayed from it since.

My day just isn't right without one of these large cups in the holder of my truck as I rock my way to work. Additionally, the cups I get I then use all day long. I'll fill it up with my cans of diet soda... which are usually warm... and I let the ice chill it. An added bonus is that there is a slight hint of vanilla then mixed in with the soda. Yeah... I know... I'm a vanilla freak.

There have been a few people to point out that drinking such a large cup would make me visit the bathroom more frequently than usual. The truth is, I have a killer bladder, and have never found myself going more frequently because of the coffee. I know in theory it's partially a natural diuretic and therefore I should frequent the bathrooms more often... but I don't. I guess I'm lucky that way. I just hope its a sign that I will be Depends free for a long time.

In the end, I love my FVIC. It is my constant companion into the shit at work. It is the drink I last sipped leaving New York in the summer of 2005, and the first drink I drank when I got back into town. In fact, my good friend Squirrel met me at the Parkway exit with it. It is the nectar that soothes my damaged soul. It is the suave on my wounds as I fight the infectious disease known as life. FVIC... I love you...
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 1/12/2007 10:28:00 PM :: :: 4 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........