A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Friday, June 16, 2006

A Bunch of Randomness

Being an invalid has it's good points and bad points. The good is Pudding had to chaueffer me around today like the good little ex-wife she is. The bad is my leg is throbbing to no end and I need to keep it elevated, meaning the chair needs to lean back, meaning writing today is a real pain in the ass. But here's a bunch of things I need you guys to help me with...

First I want to give my apologies to my former tenant Utenzi who was staying here all alone while I was in the hospital. I always try to make it a good experience for those staying here at APODB... but I wasn't able to give him proper treatment. So please go see Utenzi and send my apologies.

Next is my current renter Jesse Gersten over at Jalapeno Burns. He was the first bidder last night... and since I have very fond memories of Q*Bert, I was like why not? Well not only does he have a cool blog design... but he's funny as all hell... him and The Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Twins. Definately my type of guy. So go see Jesse and let him know that we appreciate laughter being the best medicine.

Next is a big thanks to Izzy, T, and Monique for their lovely and touching e-mails. If anyone has ever questioned whether they have had an effect on someone's life outside of cyber-space... well the proof is in e-mails like those... because my life was definately affected. Also a big thanks to everyone at the forums for their support and messages. Thanks guys for showing da love...

Next is a big old thanks to those who came to visit me in the hospital... and even though maybe only one of them will read this, well it's important to acknowledge your friends... so thanks goes to Christine, The Steff (who as dependable as always snuck me in an Ice Coffee I wasn't supposed to have), The Donkey, and The Terrorist. You guys rule! Of course there's also my mom who was there everyday for me and brought me clothes so I didn't have to wear that hospital gown shit. I heart Mom. You may puke in your buckets now.

Finally a thanks to all those others who called... or more importantly called but didn't push it when they found out where I was. There's nothing worse than getting a phone call in the middle of an IV anti-biotic push. There was a shitload of those people... they know who they are. Work was actually really nice and sent me a nice flower or cactus or something. They're being really great about me being out... well my bosses are... the guys who I work with are begging for me to come back. Not sure what's up with that... since I'm their boss... but whatever... probably Tuesday. The plant thing is really nice though... and so are the balloons.

So your probably all wondering what I've been doing? Well... aside from sitting around in my pajamas with my leg on a chair... I've been doing alot of online poker at PokerStars. This Sunday, Father's Day no less, there is a Free Roll for the World Blogger Championship of Online Poker. Hence why there is a code in the sidebar... so I can be registered. It's been awhile since I played any poker seriously. My training today showed me placing at the final table in 50% of my tourney's. It was an equal mix of 27 and 45 player play money tables. No real cash exchanged today. The grand prize is a seat at the 2006 WSOP. Right now the field stands at around 2200+ strong. If I can make it into the top 1,000 I'll be happy... if I win I'll be ecstatic.

So that's basically where I'm at and what I'm doing. I know... boring as all hell right? Sorry... still not feeling 100%... but hopefully if all goes as actually planned this Monday will be Ooogle Monday!
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 6/16/2006 11:20:00 PM :: :: 4 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........