A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year's Eve Eve... Riiiiiiggggghhhhhhttttt...

So in less than 30 hours, we’ll be in a New Year. Personally, I can’t wait. This year… let alone the past two weeks has been a bit crazy. I’m hoping for some normalcy… at least what I consider normal.

Last night I went out with The Steff, a mutual friend Diana, and her husband. Diana was in Texas for the first two weeks with me… but came back early so she could go to the Fire Department of New York Bureau of EMS (FDNYBEMS). Sell out. Just kidding Dee… just kidding. So we played some pool, guys versus girls… of course the guys won 2 out of 3. The Steff and Dee actually surprised me though. They definitely gave us a run for the money though.

After that we went to the local pub and had some beers. We talked about The Steff and her old boyfriend versus the new guy. Dee and her husband pointed out the same things we had continually talked about regarding Officer Crumb. The thing is though… whenever I mentioned the new guy’s name… she smiled. It wasn’t just any smile… it was a genuinely happy smile. I hope she wakes up… opens her eyes… and officially gets rid of Crumb and sticks to the new guy.

So, I got home at like 2:30 this morning… up and at work. Then I dispatched pretty much all day with cotton mouth. Now if you think that just walking around with a hangover is fun… trying dispatching forty ambulances feeling that way. But hey… here’s the bright side… tonight I’m volleying. So I plan on working all night tonight… and then sleep tomorrow during the day in preparation for the 16 hours from New Years Eve into New Years Day I have to work.

In some really good news... my new BlogExplosion banner was approved today!!! Everyone seemed to love the kitty... so he got worked in. So if you see it... click it...

Hopefully… if time permits… I’ll be able to blog one final 2005 entry… but in case I don’t… Happy New Year everyone!!!
Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 12/30/2005 07:30:00 PM :: :: 0 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........