A Pile of Dog Bones


“In each of us two natures are at war… the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be we are.” – Dr. Henry Jekyll

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Life Status... Yes, I Am Alive




One of the most difficult things to deal with in having any type of cyber based relationships is when someone drops off the radar screen and your left wondering what happened to them? I know there are a few people out there over the years that have dropped off the radar screen for me and I'm left wondering what happened to them... just as I myself have dropped off and came back to a few e-mails asking, "Uh, are you alive? Wish I had known you were dead... I would've sent flowers."

Enter Life Status... a website that can show you the theoretical pulse status of any registered user. The way it works is really cool. What you do is log in to their website, and ever log in is documented and then a clock starts. After 14 days without a log in your status is now listed as Possibly Alive, after 30 days you become Possibly Dead, after 60 days you are now listed as Probably Dead, and finally after 90 days you become listed as Presumed Dead.

Life Status is a side project of one guy who nostalgically still calls himself a Sysop (ah... the good old days of dial up BBS) but offers a few different website icon options. I have decided to use this system and have listed an icon in the sidebar here amongst a few other placed. This way... if for some reason I stop posting... and 90 days passes by... well... send those flowers... and let the police know it was Pudding in the library with the candlestick.


Posted by New York City's Watchdog :: 1/28/2006 01:05:00 PM :: :: 2 Bones Added to the Pile

Pick a Bone

<< Back To The Pile

..........:*:..........